No-Pole Tarp Tepee Shelter
No-Pole Parachute Tepee
Except for the center pole, you use the same materials for a no-pole parachute tepee, as
for the one-pole parachute tepee.
To make this tepee, you should:
- Tie a line to the top of parachute material with a previously cut line.
- Throw the line over a tree limb, and tie it to the tree trunk.
- Starting at the opposite side from the door, emplace a stake on the scribed 3.5- to 4.3-meter (12- to 14-foot) circle.
- Continue emplacing the stakes and tying the lines to them.
- After staking down the material, unfasten the line tied to the tree trunk, tighten the tepee material by pulling on this line, and tie it securely to the tree trunk.